While she's been rightfully recovering from a wrist injury that could impact the rest of her professional career, it would seem that Michelle Wie has fallen into a little bit of obscurity. It's not her fault, but here's how I saw and see it unfolding:
1) Wie makes numerous attempts (11? 12?) to make the cut on a PGA Tour event and has not succeeded thus far.
2) People, the media and golf fans in general, become bored and annoyed with the failure. They begin to lose interest in her.
3) Wie announces she will be going to Stanford and looks to complete her term there.
4) Wie injures her wrist badly enough to force her to stop playing.
5) Months pass - not many people talk or write about her.
6) Morgan Pressel goes ahead and wins a major at the age of 18! Unfortunately making Sandra Post's record null and void - although she was happy for her.
I like Michelle Wie. She is a hell of a golfer. I remain intrigued on how she will re-enter the spotlight that now shines elsewhere.